So many people think that eating raw is an all-or-nothing scenario. That you have to go all the way, say “cooked food is poison”, and prepare yourself for a life of avoiding neighborhood barbecues.
But it’s just not so!
You can get tons of benefits from eating MOSTLY raw. And in some ways, it may be healthier for you, body and mind.
I’ll outline it below, but watch the full video to fill in the details. P.S. if you want to see me being my real, silly self, stick with it till the end!
Thanks for your patience with me and my videos. I wasn’t born to be on camera, but I think it really helps me connect with you so I’m working on it! 😉
5 Reasons to be “High” Raw, Not 100%
Allows you to diversify your foods
- E.g. add healthy legumes like lentils and beans
Flexible and real world
- Seasonal eating
- No need for fighting cooked food “cravings”
Helps with transition
- If moving towards a vegan or raw diet, eat food you are phasing out in the evening
Still whole foods based
- Cooked doesn’t mean junk
- Cooked veggies, starches, and legumes are a healthy part of a High Raw diet
- Free yourself from the risk of “orthorexia” and being too fixated on food
- Stress from following “rules” can undo the healthfulness of what you eat
Now your turn. Should it be all or nothing? Does eating 100% raw rule your life? Is High Raw cheating?
Looking to transition to a High Raw diet and don’t know where to start? Pick up my new cookbook Quick and Clean: Raw Till Dinner Meals for Busy Folks. It also serves as a High Raw starter-guide!