If you’re a messenger, chances are you’ve got “do a TED talk” on your bucket list.
I’ve noticed that the main reasons my clients haven’t applied are 1) they don’t know what they’ll talk about or 2) the process feels daunting.
Since I talk plenty about message already, in this episode I decided to tackle reason #2 and peel back the curtain of what it looks like to actually apply for one.
So it no longer feels so overwhelming or impossible.
To do that, I called up former TEDx event organizer (aka the person with final say on who gets approved for a talk) Jess Tomlinson, my biz bestie, to have an open chat and balance out the perspective I bring to the table as a TEDx speaker.
Listen in to this behind-the-scenes conversation to learn what it really takes to land a TEDx talk. You may be surprised!
- I’m leading a Vegas workshop on July 6th! “How to Connect & Communicate with Your Dream Clients” is for women coaches & heart-centered solopreneurs who are ready to scale their biz & grow their brand by attracting customers who value what they do. Learn more and register.
- I have one spot left in July for a 1-1 Message Clarity VIP Day. This is for you if you’re ready to uncover the next evolution of your message as you pivot your business or step into using your voice to change lives.
- If you want to build the foundation that lets you attract clients instead of constantly chasing them, check out my signature course Get Clear, Get Clients. Once you complete it, you’ll be so clear on what you do that talking about it will feel easy, exciting, and impactful.
- Follow me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes and deeper stories around this conversation.
Listen in and you’ll learn:
- The 2 must-have factors you need in your audition to wow TEDx organizers (and why my talk was a “YES”)
- Insider tips to make your application stand out and feel more ease in the process
- How to bring more presence and power to your audition even if you’re hella nervous
- Why every messenger should go through this process even if they don’t get selected
Links from the Episode
Hi! I’M ADRIA DECORTE, M.S., Clarity Coach
Drawing on my experience as a TEDx speaker and my architecture background, I help women coaches uncover the next evolution of their brand message so they can use their voice and share their truth to change lives.
READY TO CLAIM WHAT YOU WANT TO BE KNOWN FOR?
Sign up here to get access to the FREE Message Clarity Kit: a 5-step roadmap to uncover your true message.