Today, we’re joined by Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Coach Erica Courdae in a conversation that will make it easier for you to keep speaking up ~ especially if you’re scared you’ll mess up.
This is to get us into imperfect action…even that thoughtful, caring side of ourselves that second-guesses what we share and just wants to say it the “right” way.
What I learned from Erica:
Being in conversation with people who don’t look, live or love the way that you do is essential for us to collectively get to a place where no one has to feel othered.
Erica and I talk about:
- How to avoid going down the shame spiral of, “Oh no, I did that wrong!”
- The ableist phrase I unconsciously used in our conversation…that’s common in the leadership community
- Why what you watch on tv, the music you listen to, the brands you trust, and the experts you follow all affect your strength as an ally
- Where Erica sees well-intentioned people mess up when using a DEI framework
- How to discern when to speak up and when to pass the mic
- Why the change is mostly NOT happening in the comments on Instagram or Facebook — and how to redirect your actions
- When it’s okay to rest your voice
Deeper support from me:
- What’s your Messenger Archetype? Take the quiz.
- My Messenger Mastermind is an intimate circle of up to 6 women coaches & leaders who want to feel solid, confident & consistent in their messaging and grow a movement that matters ~ both to the world and to their business’ bottom line.
- As a Copywriter + Messaging Expert, I craft websites that make your dream clients feel SEEN and convey the true value and impact of your work so that it moves them to sign up.
What sparked for you from my conversation with Erica? Let us know in the comments of this episode’s post over on Instagram.
Hi! I’M ADRIA DECORTE, M.S., Message Clarity Coach
Drawing on my experience as a TEDx speaker and my architecture background, I help women coaches make a message that feels messy CLEAR so they can reach more people, scale their business, and start a movement.