Today I chat with the voice of the Feed Your Hustle Podcast intro, podcaster and business owner Natalie Eckdahl, a wife and mom with kids ages 7-months old, 3-years old, and 13-years old.
We cover the power of connecting in person with other entrepreneurs, how running a business with her husband is both wonderful and awful, how she gets her family involved with eating healthy, her tips on being assertive and direct like a man without losing your empathy, and her best productivity hacks (she’s a master at this).
Natalie Eckdahl has three kids, 2 businesses and one husband. She co-founded ScheduleMAX.com an online scheduling software in 2010 with her husband Mark and is the host of The Biz Chix Podcast where she has interviewed over 170 amazing female entrepreneurs. She loves leading masterminds of entrepreneurial women and coaching women on how to create and grow their podcast. Natalie loves the beach, giggling with her kids and dark chocolate.
I wanted to have her on the show because she is organized, practical, and to-the-point in business while prioritizing family and understanding the energy-boosting power of self-care.
“Even if it doesn’t feel like you have enough time, take care of yourself first.” – Natalie Eckdahl
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- How she tempers the bluntness of a man with the empathy of a woman to have tough conversations, keep her boundaries, speak up to her kids’ teachers, and be direct in business
- Why she’s raising her daughter as a future entrepreneur without even intending to
- What she does to get her family of five involved in nutrition (hint: her daughter and husband each cook a meal a week and her 3-year old asks for kale chips for breakfast!)
- Her insight into raising a teenage girl who LOVES her body (and how she models being comfortable in her own skin)
- The go-to productivity tool that doesn’t use any technology (gasp!)… and the music app she uses to stay focused
Mentioned in this episode:
- Schedulemax.com – Natalie’s business with her hubby
- Bizchix.com – Natalie’s podcast & coaching biz
- Focus at Will App
- She Podcasts – shout out to my ladies, cohosts Elsie Escobar and Jessica Kupferman
- FYH Episode 1 for my body and food perfectionism story
- My TEDx talk “How food fuels hustle”
- The Feed Your Hustle Facebook group – to continue the conversation!
What are you implementing this week?
Share in the comments because I want to know!
And subscribe to this podcast:
Warmth and joy,
P.S. Loved this episode? Subscribe, rate, and review the podcast in iTunes. It only takes a second but will help this much-needed convo reach your sister entrepreneurs!
As an Architect turned Plant Scientist turned Healthy Living Strategist, I help female entrepreneurs who don’t want to choose health over hustle make healthy living part of their business plan.
WANT TO JOIN ME? (YOU’LL LOVE IT.)
Sign up here to join my lovely community and get actionable & strategic insight every week. (It’s free!)