When I delivered my TEDx talk four years ago, I learned that to use your voice to make an impact you MUST have a clear message.
And I understood on a soul level what it meant to have a mission and a voice that inspires and moves people.
But after that, in my quest to connect, I started saying things that I knew my people wanted to hear.
It was an unconscious, unintentional, quiet shift. And gradually I lost touch with the fire behind my words.
I made money and grew my business. But I was disconnected from my self-expression. So the cost became too high: absolute burn out and a long recovery.
That’s when I realized that pushing, performing or trying to “figure out” what people wanted from me was a LOT of work. (More on that in a future episode.)
Now my intention is still on connecting with my people, but I share what’s true and in alignment for me.
My voice and message feel clear, and I’m lit up by what I say in my marketing.
Listen in and you’ll learn:
- Why you need both connection & self-expression to market authentically online
- My tips for beginning to integrate both into your messaging
- How to use this to attract your people when everyone’s saying the same thing
Deeper support from me:
- I privately coach & message for select clients to realign, define, & refine your messaging to reach your next level of impact. Book a Clarity Call to explore the possibility of working together.
- Follow me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes and deeper stories around this conversation.
Links From the Episode
- Unforgettable #114 You Don’t Need to Change Your Niche, You Need to Deepen It