Today I chat with personal trainer and entrepreneur Catherine Basu. Fitness is a vital part of self care and energy management so I was so happy to discover what she’s learned from interviewing successful female entrepreneurs about how each fits in fitness to power her business.
Catherine and I talk about how movement can drive creativity, energy, and productivity in your business. And if you think you’re just not a fitness person, she covers how she became an accidental personal trainer even though she was terrified of gym class growing up.
Catherine Basu is an ACE-certified personal trainer, group exercise instructor, and the owner of Fit Armadillo®. After working at gyms and schools in roles from trainer to wellness center director to running coach, she created her company to help busy women find fitness they could enjoy at their own place and pace.
Armed with her B.S. Degree in Biology from The College of William and Mary, she enjoys debunking fitness and nutrition myths to help her clients achieve lasting results. She has been quoted for her expertise on LiveStrong.com, EmpowHER, and WorldLifestyle and writes as a blogger for the Huffington Post.
When she’s not training clients or coaching other fitness professionals, you can find her hanging out with her furry business partner, Nathan aka Nate Dog, who’s actually a bunny. While Catherine works with clients all over the world, she currently lives in Houston, Texas.
I think you’ll find it a relief and inspiration to hear how even a personal trainer has similar self care challenges to the rest of us female entrepreneurs.
“Adding in movement to your day can help you be more creative in your business.” – Catherine Basu
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- What a personal trainer who also happens to be a female entrepreneur does for fitness (and the morning activity that is key to boosting her energy for the day)
- A sneak peak into her “Fitting in Fitness” interview series plus how fitness fuels successful female entrepreneurs like Rebecca Tracey and Chantelle Adams
- The simple trick she uses to make sure it’s easy to make her daily go-to power breakfast
- Why training towards fitness goals “exercises” your entrepreneurial muscles and leads to biz success
- Her one guideline to remember for dining out healthy at restaurants
- The exact practices and resources she’s implementing to get more sleep (a major challenge as she grows her business)
Mentioned in this episode:
- Catherine’s website
- Fitting in fitness interview series (including each guest’s fitness dare)
- Catherine’s healthy pancake recipe
- Adria’s personalized Plant-Powered Meal Plan
- The Feed Your Hustle Facebook group – to continue the conversation beyond the episode!!
How do you fit in fitness? And what’s your biggest challenge with fitting in fitness?
Go ahead and share in the comments because I want to know!
And subscribe to this podcast:
Warmth and joy,
P.S. Loved this episode? Leave the podcast a 5 star rating or review in iTunes. It only takes a second but will help this much-needed community conversation reach your sister entrepreneurs!
P.P.S. Stay tuned next Friday when I pick up where I left off in my Adria Gets Real Episode 9. This time, I’ll talk about what I’m doing for movement, fitness, and mindfulness in my own self care balancing act.
As an Architect turned Plant Scientist turned Healthy Living Strategist, I help female entrepreneurs who don’t want to choose health over hustle make healthy living part of their business plan.
WANT TO JOIN ME? (YOU’LL LOVE IT.)
Sign up here to join my lovely community and get actionable & strategic insight every week. (It’s free!)