Ever pushed publish on something personal, controversial, or that offers your service… then felt queasy in your stomach, wished you could take it back, and had it consume your thoughts for the rest of the morning?
Even though your logical brain tries to tell you it’s no big deal, that doesn’t stop the flood of thoughts.
>>> I’m too much. Nobody cares. Everyone thinks I’m silly. (Or at least those are the thoughts I have.)
That, my dear ones, is a vulnerability hangover.
It triggers this inner evolutionary part of yourself that feels like this small act could get you kicked out of the safety of the tribe, out into the desert to wander until you die of thirst.
We worry vulnerability hangovers are a sign we’ve done something wrong.
But the problem with that thinking is that then the next time when you’re ready to post something, you remember that feeling and think twice.
Maybe it’s not worth sharing. Maybe I should just share an inspirational quote everyone will like.
In episode 125, I address the most common vulnerability hangovers I see in myself and in the women in my masterminds, what you can do to move through them, and why they might actually be something to aim for.
Deeper support from me:
- FREE gift: Get your Message Clarity Kit here, so you can uncover your true message and clarify what you want to be known for.
- “Clear Message, Clear Copy” is my done-for-you message clarity + copywriting package for coaches wanting to land on a clear, cohesive way to express the story of their work and their place in it.
- Clear & Connected Copywriting – websites, emails, invitation sequences, nurture sequences, sign up pages… I do the messaging work for you in a way that moves your people to action through connection & resonance. Let’s chat about your project and whether we’re a fit here.
- Follow me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes and deeper stories around this conversation.
- “Be a Little Lonely” music video – KIN // Nicole Bonsol
- Becky Mollenkamp episode
- Alexandra Jamieson episode