Have you ever felt like you were tap dancing on eggshells – striving to be liked, give the right answers, and not be called out for failing to be enough of whoever others wanted you to be?
My hunch is, even if you answered yes, you may also have experienced a competing desire – to put yourself and your ideas out into the world in a big way.
You know you were put here to say big things. To do big things. You want to be seen, you want to make impact, and that often feels scary.
One of my biz besties, Alexia Vernon, knows this tension firsthand. Even as she built a successful career as a professional speaker and speaking coach, she experienced an on-again, off-again relationship… with her own voice.
… despite presenting transformational keynotes and corporate trainings for Fortune 500 companies, speaking at the United Nations, delivering a TEDx talk, and being featured on CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, Forbes.com, and tons more.
In today’s episode, we talk about what it means to “Step Into Your Moxie” – the title of her brand new book.
Lex has committed her life to showing women how to develop the mindset, skillset, and behaviors to unapologetically speak their truth and have their communication move people to take action.
In today’s episode, we jam on quieting the inner critic that inevitably arises you as put yourself out there for visibility opportunities and how to have unshakeable presence when you’re being a messenger for your brand.
Deeper support from me:
- I have 1 opening for my VIP Messaging Package. This is my 3-month private coaching experience where together we dial in your messaging to call in your people so you can scale your coaching biz without pushing so hard.
- If you missed the group program enrollment, Get Clear, Get Clients has a diy version. Once you complete it, you’ll be so clear on what you do that talking about it will feel easy, exciting, and impactful.
- Follow me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes and deeper stories around this conversation.
Listen in and you’ll learn:
- How we can actually start to do the hard work to speak our truth rather than just saying “truth” is one of our strong values
- Why redoing her website this year created connection by beginning with her people in mind
- How to play nicely with the destructive voices we carry around in our heads that self-sabotage by comparisonitis and all or nothing thinking
- Her bumpy evolution over the past 11.5 years and how it’s so easy to compare where we are right now to someone else’s middle
- Why sales can be a holy process because you have a responsibility to speak your truth to give others access to theirs
Links to Connect With Alexia:
- Learn more about Step into Your Moxie, order your copy of the book, and grab your book bonuses here: StepIntoYourMoxie.com.
- Watch the Step into Your Moxie book trailer
- Connect with Alexia on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Grab Alexia’s free Hotshot Speaker video training.
Past Episodes with Alexia:
- Unforgettable #46 “Find the Idea You Want to Be Known For with Alexia Vernon”
- Feed Your Hustle #23 “Run Live Workshops Without Overwhelm with Alexia Vernon”
- Feed Your Hustle #7 “Healthy Launching & Speaking with Mamapreneur Alexia Vernon”
Hi! I’M ADRIA DECORTE, M.S., Message Clarity Coach
Drawing on my experience as a TEDx speaker and my architecture background, I help women coaches uncover the marketing message that lights them up AND communicates the value in their work so they can reach more people, scale their business, and start a movement.
READY TO CLAIM WHAT YOU WANT TO BE KNOWN FOR?
Sign up here to get access to the FREE Message Clarity Kit: a 5-step roadmap to uncover your true message.