Today begins a brand new season of Unforgettable! A season dedicated to taking us back to the foundations of messaging.
What is messaging, really?
Believe me, I’ve heard a lot of myths and misunderstandings in the past several years I’ve been leading messaging workshops and Masterminds!
That it’s all about wordsmithing or dialing in your elevator pitch.
That there’s a “right” way to do it — following formulas and scripts that work for others.
That it’s about selling at all costs and has to feel icky or robotic to be successful.
But when you’re a sensitive Messenger who cares deeply, values-based messaging is where your power lies.
Because there’s a difference between simply following copywriting rules and marketing tactics and messaging according to your integrity.
So, fresh on the heels of the Speaking to What Matters series, it’s time to re-define what messaging really is.
We start with today’s episode, where you’ll learn the difference between core message and messaging plus how to reset how you think about messaging and start crafting messaging that’s in alignment with your values.
Deeper support from me:
- Join the FREE 5-day Message Clarity Challenge to cut through the noise and calls in your people…without having to change who you are. Starts March 22nd, 2021!
- What’s your Messenger Archetype? Take the quiz.
- My Messenger Mastermind is an intimate circle of up to 6 women coaches & leaders who want to feel solid, confident & consistent in their messaging and grow a movement that matters ~ both to the world and to their business’ bottom line.
- As a Copywriter, I write messaging for Your Website that makes your dream clients feel SEEN and conveys the true value and impact of your work so that it moves them to sign up.
Links from the Episode:
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s TED Talk: The Danger of a Single Story
- Tiq Milan & Kim Katrin Milan’s TED Talk: A Queer Vision Of Love and Marriage
- Maysoon Zayid’s TED Talk: I Got 99 Problems…. Palsy Is Just One
- #173 Evolving Your Work to Have a Social Justice Lens with Cher Hale
- #174 Feminist Marketing & Copy That Doesn’t Oppress with Kelly Diels
- #175 Is My Niche Excluding Marginalized People? With Trudi Lebron
- #176 Cis-Centering, Pronouns and Leadership with Tamala Poljak
- #177 Speaking About Issues Without Co-Opting Them with Nisha Moodley
- #151 Why I Stopped Sacrificing Integrity for Strategy
- #152 Values-Based Marketing: How to Lead with Integrity
- Playing Big by Tara Mohr
What’s your biggest takeaway about values-based messaging? Listen to the episode then let me know in the comments over on Instagram.
Hi! I’M ADRIA DECORTE, M.S., Message Clarity Coach
Drawing on my experience as a TEDx speaker and my architecture background, I help women coaches make a message that feels messy CLEAR so they can reach more people, scale their business, and start a movement.